August 29-30, 2015
UC Irvine Student Center
Together with the premier Southern California PHP communities of Los Angeles PHP (LAPHP), Orange County PHP (OCPHP), and San Diego PHP (SDPHP) along with the support and promotional backing of PHP Women, we are pleased to bring you a PHP Mini-Camp that is simultaneously occurring alongside DrupalCamp LA. It will be tracks solely dedicated to PHP development practices, methods, and technology.
This is an exciting opportunity for the SoCal development community to shine in this joint community event in our area bringing not only the PHP user groups together but also Los Angeles Drupal (LA Drupal) and OC Drupal for a fantastic weekend of intense sharing of knowledge, fun, and networking opportunities.
As the camp is done bar camp style and sessions are volunteered, we invite you to share your knowledge by submitting your sessions and look forward to having you at the camp. Below are some suggestions of topics:
PHP Techniques and What’s new
- Dependency Injection or using Pimple as container
- Web Services and building APIs or using what is latest in Guzzle
PHP General Topics
- Intro to OOP
- HTTP (more in-depth talk just on the rules of the web)
- Design Patterns
- Code Reviews
- Do’s and Dont’s
- Linux (useful commands or just getting around)
- Performance (memcache, load balancing, varnish, etc)
- Modernizing Legacy Applications
- Developing using HHVM
- IDE tips and tricks for PHPStorm or Sublime Text
- Debugging and Profiling using XDebug and XHProf
- Virtualized Environments using Vagrant with CHEF or Puppet
- Building tests with Behat or PHPUnit
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCi or TeamCity to name a few
Birds of Feather (BOF)
Come together with like minds and share in an intimate BOF setting throwing ideas around and learning from each other.
- So you're a tech lead, things that work and didn't
- System Administration
- Technical interviews (Giving or taking)
- Case studies (this could also be a session)
We Look Forward to seeing you at the 2015 Drupal Camp LA / SoCal PHP Mini-Camp !